Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Basic Foundations Week 6 - Overlapping Action

For this weeks assignment we were to get a firm understanding of the concept of overlapping action. Basically, when an object moves...not all portions of it move at the same time because that would look robotic. Thus, overlapping action is very important to making an animation look realistic and flow. 




This week I also did a revision on my obstacle course. I changed the ended to make it more realistic and to avoid the awkward back and forth ending. 





The sketchbook assignment for this week was to plan a simple animation of a pendulum. Here are my planning sketches for the pendulum. I decided to do  a very simple animation this week in order to grasp the concept of overlapping action. Check it out below:





No comments:

Post a Comment